Feb 6, 2019
Celebrating the Strawberry, Esther’s Follies, George Foreman, and more…
Here are 10 things worth sharing about full-time RV life this week.
1. February is Fabulous Florida Strawberry month! How did a small Florida town become the Winter Strawberry Capital of the World? And where to stay, what to see, and where to eat.
2. Speaking of strawberries, here are 4 ways to store strawberries longer and save money.
3. When you’re rolling through the Austin area, make sure you go to Esther’s Follies! You will laugh until tears roll down your cheeks and be sad when it’s over. Warning: Tickets move fast!
4. Broke down and bought a George, George, George, George, George (that is not a typo, comment if you understand 😉)Forman 2-serving electric grill. Despite its cheap design, it works well and is perfect for RVers with tight countertop space.
5. The Fine Art of Hand Waving: What is that person really saying to you when they wave?
6. Atlas Obscura is an excellent website to check for places to visit off the beaten path.
7. Have you heard about the new PBS television series called “The RVers” slated to start sometime this year? It’s dedicated to the full-time RV lifestyle that’s sweeping the nation.
8. Fun, fun, fun! Watch Lucy & Desi in the Long, Long, Trailer on YouTube for a small charge.
9. An FAQ for full-time RVers is how much does it cost. And the answer is always the same: it depends. Dave & Kathy Boland of OORRV (Off Our Rocker RV) who escaped wintery Wisconsin for the full-time RV life has been tracking their expenses since July 2017.
10. Most full-time RVers don’t spend the winter fighting snow and ice. But that doesn’t mean you can’t celebrate winter with this delicious Instant Pot Stuffed Acorn Squash. With just the right spices combined with hardy lentils, this dish is sure to make a winter day more bright.
Thanks for reading and we’ll see you down the road!
Strawberry Fields is anywhere you want to go.
What’s Outside Our Door explores the full time RV life creating inspiration, wonderment, and knowledge for a freer, simpler, and happier way to live explained in 15 Tips to Take Full Time RV Living to the Next Level and The Ultimate Step-by-Step Full Time RV Guide for Beginners ebooks. They also publish the free Full-Time RV Life bi-monthly newsletter of 8 things worth sharing about full-time RV living you might find interesting.